While Blogspot’s default themes are nice enough, most bloggers would rather customize their blogs to accurately represent what they’re blogging about. Fortunately, the Blogger control panel offers a way to quickly install Blogger templates.
Finding a Blogger Template
There are many web sites that offer free or paid templates for Blogspot accounts. Performing a search for “blogger templates” will turn up hundreds of web sites that you can browse to find a template.
Blogger templates typically come in the form of XML files. Sites that offer Blogger templates normally have a download link that will allow you to save the template on your computer. After you have saved the template XML file, installing a Blogger template involves following these steps:
1) Login to your Blogger account. If you don’t yet have a Blogger account, you’ll need to create one. Blogger accounts are free and only require an email address to get started.
2) Click on the “Layout” link corresponding to the blog for which you want to install a new template.
3) From the Layout tab, click on the “Edit HTML” link. This will take you to the screen that allows you to upload the XML file from your computer that represents the Blogger template you’re installing.
4) Click on the “Browse” button at the top of the page. Using the browse window, find the XML file for your new template. Select the XML file, and click “Open”. The browse window will close. Now click “Upload” to install your new template.
5) If your new template was installed without any problems, you will see a message that says “Your changes have been save.” Followed by a link to view your updated blog. Click on the link to verify that your new template is working the way you expect it to.