The ancient art of mehndi, or applying henna has received plenty of fans in the past decade of so for its flexibility and convenience in terms of application of the henna. Also recognized as a form of temporary tattoo, the henna that is applied on body parts are also highly attractive and appealing in terms of looks, thus they have emerged as fashion statements of their own. There are various advantages of applying the henna on your body, as listed below:
1) Henna tattoos are perfectly natural as henna is made of natural ingredients only, thus they are safe and hazard-free. You could apply them as much as you want to without having to worry about harmful side-effects such as skin problems, contrary to other tattoos that would leave scars and hurt your skin as well
2) Natural henna is also known to possess a herbal background, thus they display healing features such as therapeutic tendencies that help to soothe the skin and make it healthier. They also possess cooling properties, thus people in hot countries use henna to help cool down the body
3) There are various designs to choose from when we speak of mehndi, for instance Indian mehndi, Pakistani mehndi and Arabic to name three. Each of these mehndi designs are different, this also allows you to have plenty of choices and selections to choose from in terms of style and design. Indian mehndi is probably the most popular option as it has therapeutic properties, and is also easier to design and apply on your skin.
4) It is extremely easy to create natural henna powder, you would need ground henna leaves in powder form, a little bit of jasmine oil and boiling water to create henna paste. You could also choose to add other substances such as coffee (to make the paste thicker and darker) and lemon juice (to help preserve the freshness of the henna paste)
5) Available in a large variety of colors, as the demand for natural henna has increased substantially over the last decade. Today you can find henna dye and henna color variants such as black, brown, dark red, dark orange and several others that are both attractive and appealing, especially to your women.
6) Easy to apply on body parts such as legs and hands, one major advantage of mehndi is the fact that you can apply henna on your parts conveniently and without hassle. You could use toothpicks, or ready-made stencils.
When you consider the many advantages of henna tattoos, don’t you wish you know how to henna as well? Why not get a couple of henna kits yourself, and start applying mehndi on yourself?